With Amazon’s newest product, Echo Glow, you can now turn your own room into a sci-fi scene right in time for the holidays. The Echo Glow is an interactive lamp with more than 16 million color combinations that can be controlled using voice commands. Not only does it light up your room and make it more festive, but it also doubles as an alarm clock.
The Echo Glow features include six light settings like reading, anticipation/calming, and excitement/energy boost as well as three customizable programs to fit different moods or activities (e.g., bedtime stories or building blocks). It also has an auto-off timer that you can preset to go off after 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or until the Echo Glow is turned off manually.
Echo is a new generation of voice control device that takes the best of both worlds and puts them together in one. Echo is more than just a smart speaker, it lets you control your lights, music, connected home devices, and your thermostat using your voice using the same Alexa technology that powers other Amazon products.
The echo has a 360 degree touchscreen with a built-in speaker making it easy to use and navigate through all the features on the screen. You can change the color of the lights or turn it off during quiet hours. You can also choose from their audio like classical or jazz that play for about 5 minutes before stopping.
1. You can use this not only as a lamp but for an alarm clock, a timer and a music player.
2. It has cool features like voice commands, color changing lights and an auto-off timer that you can set up to 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes or until the device is turned off manually.
3. The relatively low price makes it more affordable than other smart lamps with similar features.
4. It is compatible with Amazon Echo products so you can sync it to your other Alexa devices and interact with them using the same voice commands instead of having to reach out for your phone every time you want to do something with this lamp.
1. It does not work on batteries and requires you to plug it in.
2. As a lamp, it does not cast enough lighting.
3. Some users complain that the quality of the light color is not as good as they expected even though it is a 16 million color choice lamp, you might still find yourself wanting something better.