API Pond Algae Control is an 8-ounce bottle of algae control that you can place on your patio to help keep your water clean and healthy. API Pond Algae Control is a natural way to control the proliferation of algae in your pond, and it’s perfect for use during hot weather.
From the manufacturer
Make certain that the pond has vigorous aeration, i.e. a fountain or aeration device to avoid fish loss due to low oxygen levels. When algae is controlled and removed by the filter or settles to the bottom of the pond, the oxygen level may drop to harmful levels if adequate aeration is not provided. In warm weather, pond water carries much less oxygen.
- Will not harm fish, plants, surrounding wildlife and pets when used as directed
- Do not use with freshwater crustaceans, including shrimp, crabs, and lobsters
API POND ALGAEFIX Algae Control
Why use API POND ALGAEFIX Algae Control?
Algae growth can appear as “green water” blooms, “pea-green soup”, filamentous algae on plants, or floating mats (blanket weed). Algae grows when there is an excessive amount of nutrients in the water, usually in spring prior to plant growth, and in the summer in direct sun.
API POND ALGAEFIX Algae Control works fast to control algae growth and keep ponds, water gardens and fountains clean and clear.
Questions? Contact our Technical Services Department at 1-800-847-0659.
API POND ALGAEFIX Algae Control effectively controls most types of algae
Green Water Algae (Chlorella)
Blanket Weed (Oedogonium)
String or Hair Algae (Cladophora)
How to use API POND ALGAFIX Algae Control (Read and follow all label directions before use)
Vigorous, 24-hour aeration is required for the duration of the treatment. Do not shut off pond pumps and aeration devices at night.
Remove as much algae as possible by hand prior to treating pond.
DO NOT OVERDOSE. Thoroughly mix into pond water and disperse evenly around the pond. Add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) for each 50 U.S. gallons.
As algae dies, remove as much of the dying algae as possible. Once algae growth is under control, add one dose per week to control algae growth.
CALCULATE THE VOLUME OF YOUR POND BEFORE USING
To ensure accurate dosing, determine pond volume before use. You can use the following:
- • For Square and Rectangular Ponds: Avg. length (feet) x Avg. width (feet) x Avg Depth (feet) = cubic feet of water. Cubic feet of water x 7.5 = number of gallons
- Example: A pond with a length of 8 feet, width of 6 feet and an average depth of 2 feet has approx. 720 U.S. Gallons.
- • For Round Ponds: Top Diameter x Bottom Diameter x Height x 0.785 x 7.5
- Example: 3’TD x 3’ BD x 2′ H x 0.785 x 7.5 = 106 U.S. Gallons.
How to dose API POND ALGAEFIX Algae Control
Do not overdose!
Add 1 teaspoon (5ml) for each 50 U.S. gallons (190 L) or a ¼ cup (60 ml) for each 600 gallons (2,275 L). We calculated some possible dosing examples for you in the aside chart.
- Repeat dose every 3 days until algae is controlled
- Once algae growth is under control, add one dose per week. Weekly doses will control algae growth.