An instant-read, clinically validated thermometer that reads the temperature of your forehead Simply place it against your forehead for an accurate reading within seconds. Find out how accurate this device is and read our expert review of the iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer.
From the brand
<img alt=”iHealth Brand Story” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/521773ab-3c7c-473f-9037-a1fa45bcb5a1.__CR0,0,1464,625_PT0_SX1464_V1___.png”/>
- <img alt=”iHealth – At-home Test Device Trusted by American Families” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/27f25110-ea96-4485-8b10-7cebff88a303.__CR0,0,315,145_PT0_SX315_V1___.png”/>
- iHealth is dedicated to empowering healthier lives. During the pandemic, iHealth was actively supporting the public by bringing at-home COVID tests to more people ASAP.
- iHealth is also a leader in designing and manufacturing consumer-friendly, mobile healthcare products connected through the cloud. It focuses on delivering high-quality products for people to measure, track, and share a full range of health information with the doctors.
- <img alt=”COVID-19 PPE Supplies” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/44bf7590-6c9f-4139-9cbf-56dd48ef5e15.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
- <img alt=”iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, 2 Tests per Pack,FDA EUA Authorized OTC At-home Self Test, R…” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/a6c260e5-431f-4a13-90ef-8d5f6b310c47.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
- <img alt=”iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer, Digital Infrared Thermometer for Adults and Kids, Touchles…” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/e88d9447-d70b-416e-b020-5e9e52b8a1cc.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
- <img alt=”iHealth AIR Wireless Fingertip Pulse Oximeter for Blood Oxygen Saturation, Perfusion Index, and P…” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/e87b3bc3-bb88-41d7-bb16-3537fe362294.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
Protect Yourself & Your Family
- <img alt=”iHealth Track Smart Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/ddc3fb79-411b-4153-8100-38625e4b0015.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
- <img alt=”550BT – iHealth Track Smart Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/eb2226b7-2c03-41bd-a144-8f62d5333a00.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
- <img alt=”BP5S – iHealth Neo Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/d6ebefcb-4fd6-405f-b8cf-e27d91ec0ffa.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
- <img alt=”BP3L – iHealth Ease Wireless Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/3ee28dbd-1d0c-4e3d-a4d8-7c813a4dbd8c.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
Care For Your Heart
- <img alt=”Other Personal Health Devices” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/1591921b-1161-418d-931b-aa8fcbaf8b5f.__CR0,0,166,182_PT0_SX166_V1___.png”/>
- <img alt=”iHealth Digital Oral Thermometer PT1,Fever Thermometer with Dual-Sensors for High Accuracy, Rectu…” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/de5cf50c-703d-4610-a757-faf0eca82a3a.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
- <img alt=”iHealth Gluco Plus Smart Blood Glucose Meter, Wireless Blood Glucose Monitor,1 Lancing Device, 10…” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/3c471561-8c0c-4461-9ae0-4321b82d62fb.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
- <img alt=”iHealth Nexus Body Fat Scale Smart BMI Scale Digital Bathroom Bluetooth Weight Scale, Body Compos…” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/41d0a7ad-ce1d-41a3-ab47-c3ec6e79eea2.__AC_SR166,182___.png”/>
Let’s all take a moment to realize that forehead thermometers will always show .5 to 1 degree lower than an oral thermometer. So if you are testing accuracy against a good oral thermometer, they will not match and they really shouldn’t. Different parts of the body have different levels of temp accuracy and require a tiny bit of math.I tested this on myself against our trusty oral thermometer. Every single time, at varying distances within the mentioned range (from straight up just placed on my forehead to the 3cm limit) and got 97.5 to 97.7 each time. My oral thermometer was placing me at 98.6 to 98.7.Just be prepared to add 1 to whatever temperature this thermometer shows and you’re good to go!
H/J Riet –
So far, so good. At first it seemed that it wasn’t working right out of the box. I simply wasn’t holding it close enough to my forehead. Hold it close enough, press the button, and wait until it vibrates to indicate it has arrived at a reading. I have not done a methodical accuracy test, but the readings appear to be accurate.
Albert F. –
Update: I just got a very prompt response from ihealth with the solution to the problem – reset the batteries in their holder. I’ve changed my review to 5 stars to reflect this.Thermometer worked for the first week. Needed it yesterday and the unit won’t show the temp reading. It instead shows three blank spaces and degrees F. Too late for a return. Disappointing. I only owned it for 10 weeks..
Holly s –
Accurate and so easy to use. Got it for my 2 month old then we got covid and I used it obsessively for two weeks. Already feel I got my money’s worth and loved not bothering my new baby constantly with checking for fever.
Normally I wouldn’t say looks matter for this type of item, but this thing is sleek looking. Not only that, but there’s only one button – dont have to worry about your kid taking it and playing with it for a few seconds changing all the settings. It also doesn’t have any bright lights at night & doesn’t make any beeps, just a small vibrate – keeps the sick kids sleeping. The ones with the beeps tend to draw the baby’s attention making them want to play with it, this one can be checked very quickly & accurately.
Someone in Florida –
Paid over $50 for this piece of junk. Consistently showed 97.4F on forehead, no matter where it was placed on the foreheads by everyone in my household. Tried brand new Duracell batteries, still the same. Was like this right out of the box, 2 years ago, reviewing now because I didn’t wanna believe it all this time, but I’ve had enough of going to it when I desperately needed, like today. TRASH!
I had a regular digital thermometer, and this one popped up on sale. I decided I’d give it a shot since, you know, pandemic and whatnot. I haven’t gotten sick (not bragging or saying it’s because of this), but the few times I’ve felt weird or I’ll, this gives a pretty concise temp fairly quickly.Looks kinda star trekky too. All in all I’m glad to have it in the medicine cabinet!
It took me a few tries to figure out how to use this thermometer because I was turning it on before placing it in front of my forehead and in the few seconds it took to do this, it automatically turned itself off. So…… place it close to your forehead and then turn it on; it beeps when it’s read your temp. I have no quarrel with it but it would be easier to use this to take someone else’s temperature than your own. It is, however, incredibly consistent.
I work in Healthcare and also have kids at home- so I used my share of thermometers . Out of all that I tried this is the best & most accurate. Other digital ones would give me different readings even tho I don’t change spots! I also love the sleek design and that it vibrates instead of beeping so that I can sneak up on my kids and measure their temp without potentially waking them up. Highly recommend!
The unit is great and fast. It’s just that 1 inch thing that bothers me. Will it make a difference if I touch my forehead ? Maybe some kind of vibration to let you know reading is acceptable. Not everyone has a mirror with them to see the 1 inch needed for accurate reading. Tape on a toothpick with 1 inch gap may help.