Powder resin is a compound which is a mixture of pigments, fillers and additives such as silica and polyvinyl alcohol. Its ingredients are very light; typically less than 1% by weight in the mixture. The powder resin cannot be made by conventional methods such as mixing solids because of the high viscosity of its molten precursor. This magnetic iron powder filings article will explain how to make enough powder to form a thin, homogeneous film.
Powder resin has been used since ancient times — it can be found as far back as 200 BC in an Assyrian building at Khorsabad, Iraq which was garrisoned with weapons using this material.
AOMAG Magnetic Iron Powder Filings is Suitable for Children Over 6 Years Old
- As intellectual toys, children can improve their intelligence and creativity at the same time because of the coordination of hands and brains. Besides, it can also improve the communication and affection between you and your children.
- Be able to observe the mystery of magnetism at close range! Explore the basic concepts of magnetic field, including magnetic pole and attractive force. Using these scrap iron, a magnet (not included in this product) and a piece of paper, you can observe the force pattern generated by the magnetic field.
- Simple and affordable classroom or science fair experiment .Visualize the earth’s magnetic field.
- Inhalation, consumption and prolonged direct contact with eyes, skin and clothes must be avoided at all times. Wash your hands thoroughly after use.
- Includes a single jar (13 ounces) of Iron filings (particle size: 60-80 mesh).
- Jar features a convenient shaker lid that turns to adjust flow (like a spice jar).
- Usage tips: sprinkle a small amount of Iron filings onto a piece of paper (not included) and move a magnet (not included) underneath to illustrate the pole patterns of the magnetic force field.
- Storage: when you’re done exploring, fold the paper and use it to carefully pour the filings back into the jar for mess-free clean up and storage. It should be stored in a cool, dry area without heat and ignition sources.
Lead children to explore the mystery of magnets together
Our magnetic iron powder filings is perfect to demonstrate magnetic fields. Explore the basic concepts of magnetic fields, including poles and attraction. Get a close-up look at the mystery of magnetism.
Playing this special toy, children can develop a love of learning, experimentation, observation and creation.
Use Magnets with Different Shapes to Make Unique Patterns
Sculpt a Pile of Filings on Top of Magnet
Pour some filings into a bowl, then dip your magnet (not included) into the filings. Push the filings with your fingers to make an interesting sculpture. (Wash your hands after touching magnetic powder)
High Quality Iron Powder
Iron filings are very small pieces of iron that look like a light powder. Used for magnet education and school projects to show students and kids the magnetic lines.
Feel relaxed & Relieve Stress
You can use these magnetic powder to observe the magnetic pole, just provide the magnet and a piece of paper. Put the paper on the magnet. Using the top of the shaker of the jar, sprinkle the filings on the paper.
Es igual que la descripción
Ruth Bottom –
The children enjoyed experimenting and watching the iron powder reacting with the magnet’s.
Frank Maio –
My son has been using this product with his magnets
It is just as advertised. I do want to add that it wasn’t the best product to use in slime to make magnetic slime. It is tiny grains that settle to the bottom of the container and generally separate from the slime. The grains are pulled out of the slime and stick to the magnet. I suppose it worked well enough but there are probably finer grains out there that would do better.
We used these for a science fair project and they are great!
Amazon Customer1 –
Container and delivery AOK